Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I’ve had a very hectic workweek, which means early bedtimes and a rambunctious puppy. The cure for a tireless pup? Take your dog to work day! And lots of evening playtime.
That’s right, I took Finn to work with me on Wednesday since I knew I had dog-friendly clients and a relatively short client load. I’m lucky to work from my boss’s house, although not so lucky it is located an hour and 20 minutes from my own home. He has a fenced in yard and a old lab himself, so the two dogs played outside and were allowed inside for a little hello, as not to disturb the bulk of our session work 🙂 Overall, he was very well-behaved, yet curious of all the fitness equipment and new friends. Finn napped for the whole way home! (which also allowed me to divert my attention to Eat Pray Love on CD…which I’m loving, by the way.)
Onto the food! Ashley always comes over on Tuesdays to run with me, eat dinner, and watch our favorite TV shows. This Tuesday, I decided to recreate the high-calorie burrito bowls you might find at fast-dining establishments such as Chipotle. While delicious, these fast food versions are high in calories, most of which are hidden in the toppings. So, we’ve done a “re-do” on the Chipotle burrito bowl/salad bowl!
The ingredients are as follows, but you may wish to adjust the portions of each ingredient to tailor to your own caloric needs. 🙂
- Mixed Baby Greens
- Chopped Green peppers, red onions sauteed in freshly pressed garlic
- Cilantro-Lime rice (snagged this from the Whole Foods salad bar…just about 1/4 cup in each salad)
- Organic Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- Little bit of corn, drained and rinsed
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Pico de Gallo (I used Whole Foods pre-made)
- Guacamole (Whole Foods pre-made…I would make my own but I’m really bad about buying avocados and not using them in time! so this is my solution)
- Plain Greek Yogurt (Fage 0%)
So good you don’t even need dressing!! These were a big hit and with a few (not an entire bag of) tortilla chips on the side, you’ve got a very healthy meal! If you’re a meat eater, you could also add some chicken or whatnot in there. Go crazy! 🙂